Key repsonsibilities include in-depth knowledge of the technical engineering function within a housing development. Understanding the structural and mechanical aspects of the development prior to site start and through the development's life cycle. Produce engineering drawings to the respective tradesman that detail the engineering elements of a house and the external infrastructure.
Typical tasks include:
- Managing excavation, plant and piling
- Laying domestic drainage
- Levelling and Setting out
- Building methods and construction technology
- Carrying out pre-pour inspection and testing of concrete
- Planning and design process and environmental considerations.
- To be able to assist in providing technical support to all stakeholders throughout the life cycle fo the projects whilst maintaining positive working relationships.
- Trainee and newly trained engineers can earn in the region of £20,000-£25,000.
- Trained with experience engineers can earn in the region of £25,000 and up to £35,000.
- Senior, chartered or master engineers can earn in the region of £35,000-£55,000.
Earnings typically depend on location, employer, the stage of your training, your hours worked and the opportunity to work overtime. Please also note that the pay rate figures have come from a variety of reliable sources including:
- National Home Builders
- Home Builder's Sub-Contractors
- The Home Builders Federation
- Construction Recruitment Agencies
Qualifications we offer:
- Work towards a degree in B Eng Honours in Engineering Or Level 3 Construction Diploma in Civil Engineering; Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations
- In house management training around the other functions of the business and significant opportunities to embark upon related internal and external training courses.
Some of our trades have the opportunity to become "self-employed" where rates of pay will vary depending on your hours and productivity. In addition, all of our trade roles have the opportunity to progress and train as a construction site manager for a house building company. The jobs outlined on this website occur throughout the home building industry, but please note that actual job titles may vary slightly from one organisation to another.
Earn While You Learn:
All our featured job roles offer an entry-point for school leavers to commence a career in the industry, particularly in site trades, where you will normally enrol for an apprenticeship. Site Management [Engineering] and Quantity Surveying also offer opportunities for college-leavers and graduates as well as school leavers.
For most jobs, depending on your qualifications and experience there are also openings for those looking to change career. This is particularly so in Sales, where your previous work experience in a customer-facing role will be just as relevant as any academic qualification.
Key job roles
Below are a few (of many) house building jobs which we are looking to recruit in the home building industry. Click on each one to find out more.
To find out opportunities available in your region, click a region below and then click one of the home builder logos below to be taken to their career websites.
To find out opportunities available in your region, click a region to the leftabove and then click one of the home builder logos below to be taken to their career websites.